Welcome to The Syndicate
The San Diego Syndicate – WSOP Qualifier Series
The Syndicate was formed by a group of friends/poker players who wanted to send a representative to the WSOP Main Event. There were ten events that first season culminating with Chris Gregg going to the Main Event in the summer of 2006. The Syndicate is now in its 12th consecutive season and is still going strong. Last season we sent 3 players to the Main Event and 9 others to $1,500 tournaments. This time you could be the one that goes to Vegas to represent us at World Series of Poker!
Here’s how it works
We run a 16 tournament series where cash and points are awarded every time you play. At each event 50% of the cash is awarded to that night's winners and the remaining 50% is saved toward our year-end prizes. At the end of the season your top 12 scores are totaled and the winners get to play in the WSOP Main Event!
We also award entries into lower buy-in tournaments, usually at $1,500 buy-ins, for our runners up and even more seats are awarded in an end of the season playoff event. Then, when our players cash in the WSOP they keep 50% of their winnings and the Syndicate shares (and distributes) the other 50%. Everyone who plays in a tournament gets one share in the Syndicate for each event they enter*.For the 2016 World Series, The Syndicate had 3 grand prize winners who each won a $10,000 seat to the WSOP Main Event; the next 5 places (4th through 8th) earned $1,500 seats and another 4 seats were awarded in our playoff tournament. For 2017 there will be a change to our prize structure: 1st and 2nd place will receive Main Event prize packages; places 3 through 8 will receive $1,500 tournament entries; and four more $1,500 seats will be awarded in our playoff. Then players 3 – 8 plus the playoff winners will play in a bonus tournament to determine our final Main Event winner.
Here are some highlights:
· We take only a player’s top 12 finishes in points over the course of the season to determine the winner.
· The top two champions of the series win a $10,000 entry into the Main Event.
· The next top finishers (projected to be places 3 – 8) receive guaranteed WSOP seats ranging from $1,500 to $2,500.
· The top 18 players that did not receive a “guaranteed seat” will compete for additional $1,500 seats in our playoff tournament.
· The Guaranteed Seat winners plus the Playoff winners will then play a single table tournament with the winner earning a $10,000 Main Event seat. This is called our “Bonus Tournament”.
· Players can earn bonus points & playoff chips just by participating - check the full rules for more details.
· We hold four Major tournaments that feature deeper starting stacks and bonus playoff chips.
· We hold two special tournaments that emulate day 2 of the WSOP Monster Stack event and day 4 of the WSOP Main Event.
* In order to qualify for the distribution of WSOP earnings a player must play in a minimum of 5 events.
** All prizes are based upon the amount the Syndicate saves and the tournaments offered by the WSOP. Be sure to check the full rules as well as our structure page for more information and all the details.
Follow us on our Facebook Page!
Click HERE for the full Season Schedule
Click HERE to see the Complete Results
|©2015 Website developed by The Web Dude, LLC|